(Junior) Backend Engineer (m/f/div)
Elinvar enables Asset & Wealth Managers to digitalize their business model. By combining cutting-edge technology and the regulatory expertise of a licensed financial portfolio manager we offer our partners a comprehensive range of services. The platform’s flexibility enables the customized solution for each partner.
Working at Elinvar is like our platform: straightforward and focused on excellence. As a B2B2C provider, we work with portfolio managers who manage billions of Euros in assets under management and have accordingly high expectations of us. Our team of dedicated technology and financial experts work hard to jointly meet and exceed those expectations.
About the technical stack, the platform consists of dozens of microservices which are mainly based on Java 8. They communicate through Kafka and a GraphQL. Data is stored in PostgreSQL and Couchbase. The services are running in Docker containers on three AWS data centers in a high availability mode, managed by Kubernetes. The frontend is based on React.js. We are using GitLab for source control and continuous integration. The development process is in Scrum-based with 2-weeks sprints.
What will keep you challenged?
- Designing and implementing modern and scalable services for our Mirco services platform in a fast paced agile environment
- Working with cutting-edge technologies to build an innovative financial product
- Providing production support by investigating issues of diverse scope and managing changes and releases
- Demonstrating good judgment in selecting methods and techniques for obtaining solutions
- Being accountable for all aspects of your work, from research and analysis to development, testing, deployment, and maintenance in production
- Learning from your experienced colleagues
What are we looking for?
- Knowledge of Java (SE) and some experience in backend development
- University degree in computer science or a related engineering field
- Enthusiasm for architecture and distributed systems solutions
- Strong analytical and critical thinking skills and a demonstrated ability to find creative solutions to (technical) problems
- Ability to work and communicate in a fast-paced international start-up environment
- Good communication skills, high proficiency in English, German language skills are a plus
- Join a high-performing team with diversity and ownership as our core values
- Our partners manage billions and expect excellence. We empower employees to reshape finance and look for talented and dedicate people
- Our co-founders share tremendous industry expertise and together with the team are dedicated to ensuring Elinvar’s long-term success
- We believe hard work and success deserve to be celebrated – both in and out of the office
Interested? Apply online via our portal to join the Elinvar team. We’re looking forward to being in touch!