Senior Data Engineer (m/f/div)
Elinvar enables asset & wealth managers to digitalize their business models by providing the required Platform as a Service. This includes applications for core processes as well as third party connections. Our partners profit from the combination of leading technology and the optimal regulatory setup as we hold all necessary BaFin licenses. With this comprehensive approach, we create the unique opportunity for our partners to go digital in one step and to utilize state of the art analytics to create individualized solutions to the benefit of their clients.
Working at Elinvar is like our platform: straightforward and focused on excellence. As a B2B2C provider, we work with portfolio managers who manage billions of Euros in assets under management and have accordingly high expectations of us. Our team of dedicated technology and financial experts work hard to jointly meet and exceed those expectations.
As a Senior Data Engineer (m/f/div), you are responsible for designing and delivering our enterprise data solution, working closely with engineering, product and data science teams to understand how to best deliver a data ecosystem that delivers on the immediate needs of the business and looks to the future as we scale. You will be building from the ground up, working to get the most out of data generated in the operation and use of the system – including order data, investor data and usage data – as well as setting up secure and efficient protocols for migrating partner data and incorporating third-party data sets.
What will keep you challenged?
- Responsible for the architecture and infrastructure of the enterprise data lake which supports both internal and external use cases
- Design, implementation and maintenance of database solution for the core applications and analytic use cases
- Evaluating different approaches and technologies to match the evolving needs of the business
- Analysis of complex data elements to debug, analyzing and proactively improve our data ecosystem
- Collaborating with engineers, data scientists and other key stakeholders to develop solutions that address key business requirements
- Keeping up with industry trends and best practices and continually improving how we approach our data challenges
What are we looking for?
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Applied Mathematics, Engineering or similar
- 3+ years as a Data Engineer or related role in a fast-paced and evolving environment
- Strong working and theoretical knowledge of database concepts and principles, including database modeling, ETL processes
- Experience working with both streaming and batch data sources (Kafka, SFTP, etc.) and with latest SQL and NoSQL database technologies (PostgreSQL, Couchbase, etc.)
- Effective communicator with a proven record of collaborating with different stakeholders including software engineers, data scientists, product managers, etc.
- Analytical and pragmatic approach to solving both business and technical problems
- Systems management experience a plus
- Outstanding, highly motivated and international team who values a positive and open working environment
- Tech-driven and focused on excellence in reshaping the wealth management industry by replacing legacy IT with a modern, sustainable IT platform
- Backed by some of the world’s most recognized investors and benefit from the expertise of a strong leadership team
- Everything you need to excel in your profession – including beverages, (mostly) healthy snacks and barista-style coffee
- Beautiful loft-style office, just a few minutes from Alexanderplatz and surrounded by restaurants, cafés, and bars
- 28 vacation days and flexible working hours with the option to work remotely
Interested? Apply online via our portal to join the Elinvar team. We’re looking forward to being in touch.