Working Student – Risk Controlling & Analysis / all genders
As a Berlin-based B2B2X FinTech, Elinvar provides the technical infrastructure for digitizing the entire asset investment and management ecosystem. Our customers use our multi-client capable Platform as a Service to expand their digital service spectrum, efficiently implement innovative business models, tap into new value chains, optimize their costs and best leverage their core competencies. Elinvar’s customers and partners benefit from the combination of leading technologies and the optimal regulatory setup Elinvar offers through the relevant BaFin licenses we are holding.
As a member of the Finance & Risk team at Elinvar, you have the unique opportunity to shape and contribute to a best-in-class finance & risk organization and support the company’s success in various financial domains, such as risk analysis, risk controlling and reporting. You will join an experienced team and have a chance to develop and excel yourself. As you are part of a WealthTech Scale-up, you have the opportunity to develop in broad parts of finance and risk and have a true impact on the company’s future growth.
What will keep you challenged
- A unique opportunity to gain an insight into the finance and risk function of Elinvar, especially risk analysis, risk controlling and reporting
- Hands-on experience in introducing a company-wide risk framework – applying standardized processes in the identification, assessment and handling of risks, calculation of risk exposures, development of internal controls and introduction of new regulations, e.g., MaRisk
- Assist in the evolution of stress tests and calculation of risk exposures as well as effective measures
- Assist in generating regular risk reporting to internal and external stakeholders to ensure the company’s compliance and support a successful scaling of the organization
- Support decision making processes by providing detailed, reliable financial/risk information and assessments
What we are looking for
- Currently enrolled in a university degree in Business Administration or Economics – ideally with a focus in finance, controlling, accounting, banking, statistics or mathematics
- First-hand experience in a finance or related position is a plus
- Analytical skills with a passion for numbers and high attention to detail
- Good knowledge of controlling methods and techniques, as well as data analysis
- Very good MS Excel skills
- A passion for the fintech-startup / financial services sector
- Pro-active, hands-on mentality, collaborative work attitude, and driven by continuous learning
- Sensitivity and awareness of cooperation in a multicultural environment
- Good communication skills, high proficiency in English, German language skills are a plus
What will make you happy
- Situated in Berlin and Magdeburg, you’ll find our modern offices in the city center
- Our open corporate culture without dress code, with free drinks and barista-style coffee approved by our coffee-loving CEO
- Our office language is English and we enjoy working with colleagues from many different countries
- 28 vacation days, flexible working hours, part-time options and family-friendly solutions to ensure a healthy work-life balance
- Our hybrid working model offers best of both worlds: work remotely within Germany and in the office
- Relocation support (incl. visa sponsorship) possible
- Discounts for regional or interregional public transport
- Urban Sports Club subsidy to support your personal fitness
- Use our Remote Abroad policy and enjoy your workations
- Yearly L&D budget to excel your professional skills and access to our office library to update your knowledge
- Gather regularly during events and activities to connect in person with your colleagues or the whole company
- Your choice of laptop (MacOS or Windows) and additional work equipment
At Elinvar, we don’t let each other down. Our outstanding international team values a positive and open working environment - and your employer welcomes diversity and actively promotes equal opportunities on every level. Looking forward to having you on the team!
Interested? Apply online via our portal to join the Elinvar team. We’re looking forward to being in touch!
More information about our team and your benefits you can find here.